RPI, produced by LOT Group, is a complex system. The system can be customized to the requirements of the equipment supplied and the level of the object modernization.
RPI system is intended for partial modernization of existing stations with any number of points, equipped with electric interlocking (EI), saving the existing trackside equipment in full. Points and signals route control mode at stations and remote-controlled operation mode are realized using remote-controlled operation and remote signaling equipment set. Geographical panels are substituted with modern ergonomic interlocking operator’s AWPs.
RPI is also easily integrated with microprocessor interlocking (MPI), for example, when building a new park and fitting it with MPI equipment. Therewithal, interlocking operator has a single work place and controls MPI and EI equipment uniformly.
RPI system composition
RPI system equipment set consists of:
- server cabinet with main and backup installed server of electric interlocking, main and backup server switch boards with optic ports to the ring of metro optic fiber cable, main and backup server uninterruptible power supply units;
- control cabinet with embedded terminal blocks with main and backup modules of isolated binary inputs РМ2827;
- control cabinet with mounted terminal blocks with main and backup modules of isolated binary inputs РМ2817 and РМ2824;
- main and backup interlocking operator’s AWP, intended for real-time control and RPI equipment control;
- technician’s AWP, intended to control equipment condition.
Advantages of the system implementation
- reduction of EI post service room areas;
- system enhancement that includes protocoling and archiving («black box» function ) and route setting control automation;
- system intellectual interface that reduces the probability of incorrect or delayed actions of duty station operator (voice hints and human actions logical control);
- increased scope of the information provided on station-to-station blocks, crossings and other control objects;
- high reliability due to the backing up of remote-controlled operation controllers and remote signaling controllers.