Automated cab signaling (ACS) is a rail transport signaling system, transmitting signal aspects to the rolling stock control station.
ACS System Provides:
- signal aspect in a control cabinet by the train, allowing the movement if there is a vacant section with the length not less than designed stopping distance with a speed limit or prohibiting the movement and demanding stop;
- continuous control over keeping permissible speed and automatic braking when overspeeding;
- automatic train (stock) brake release after speed reduction to the permissible speed;
- train (stock) automatic braking to the full stop: before occupied track section, before the section, where the track circuit is damaged, when the receive command signals are disrupted, before the traffic light with a red light, when overspeeding;
- operator’s alertness control when ACS train equipment is detached.
ACS System Includes:
- field transmitting devices;
- receiving and decrypting devices, indicators, sensors and on-board executive devices;
- devices, that coordinates ACS operation with other components of signaling.