Public Address System is intended to provide passengers with address voice announcement on the stops and in concourses.
Voice informing of the passengers is an additional component of the Passenger Information System (PIS) that allows to implement the following functions:
- informing about the time of the bus departure/arrival with an indication of the route;
- voice informing the passengers about the changes in bus timetable (delayed, cancelled, etc.);
- providing the service information (information about using the AFC system devices, information about safety requirements, etc.);
- compulsory transmission of voice messages to the duty officers of the PAS system to any station;
- compulsory transmission of voice messages to the duty officers at the station;
- alarm reporting (fire, terrorist threat, etc.);
- providing tourist and advertisement information (with reference to the station);
- possibility of background music broadcast.
PAS system receives the information from other systems (Global Positioning System, Passenger Information System) to be performed in synchronized way to the passengers. PAS system has interfaces for interaction with other systems for example, firefighting system.